Subject: [Boost-users] Possible to put path to boost library somewhere else than Jamroot file?
From: s seelenluft (sseelenluft_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-03 06:54:03

Hi,

my question is whether I can put the path to the boost library in a another
file than the Jamroot file (eg, boost-build.jam)?

I run run longish simulations on multiple workstations, essentially Debian
and Mac OS X machines. For good or bad reasons, the path to the boost
library is differs between machines. I give the path via an <include> in the
Jamroot file. Thus the Jamroot file has to be different on each machine.
However, my code is synchronized via Subversion between the machines which
poses a problem for the Jamroot file. Thus, I either can only do one-way
synchronisation from one master computer and edit the Jamroot file on the
other machines locally (marking the conflict as resolved after the first
update after this edit) or exclude the Jamroot file from Subversion. Since
I probably do modify the Jamroot file from time to time, it would be nice to
include it in Subversion. Currently, I solve the problem by sticking to
one-way synchronisation but if there would be another place to put the path,
this would be nicer.

Thanks.

Markus