Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost autolinkig issue - library names on vc9?
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-13 03:12:57

Maróy Ákos wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm having an issue with boost autolinking on Visual Studio 9 (2008),

Did you check the getting started guide or google for solution? This is
a common problem and I would like to understand why it's coming up repeatedly
and what we can improve.

> with the boost-pything library. the boost build process generates
> libraries of the name: libboost_XXX-vc90-mt-gd-1_39.lib

This is static debug version.

> and the like,
> but interestingly autolinkig fails with the following message:
>
> 1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
> 'boost_python-vc90-mt-gd-1_39.lib'

This is (import library for) shared debug version, which is not built by
default. You can either use static Boost libraries, by making sure
BOOST_ALL_DYN_LINK, or similar, macros are not defined, or build shared
versions of Boost libraries, using additional link=shared option to Boost.Build.

Let me know if this helps.

- Volodya