Subject: [Boost-users] Docs missing info about which headers to include?
From: Jason Cipriani (jason.cipriani_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-21 14:35:16

I'm new to much of boost. It is less than ideal to have to search
through boost headers to find which ones to include for a class (e.g.
boost::scoped_lock).

Where can I find information about which headers the classes are in?
It does not seem to be in the documentation, e.g.:

  http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_37_0/doc/html/boost/interprocess/scoped_lock.html

This is strange to me, since this type of info is pretty fundamental.

In that particular case, after trying boost/thread/scoped_lock.hpp and
boost/interprocess/scoped_lock.hpp, I resorted to searching through
files and eventually found it in
boost/interprocess/sync/scoped_lock.hpp (among other locations, but
that one seems to be the most reasonable).

Is there some place in the boost docs where I can find what headers to
include to use the classes?

Thanks,
Jason