Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Statechart compile error on OS X
From: Andreas Huber (ahd6974-spamboostorgtrap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-23 03:42:21

Hi Daniel

All of what I say in this post is derived from the Wikipedia entry on
Objective-C++
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Objective-C#Objective-C.2B.2B>

> When I
> build the Hello World example in a .mm file (Objective C++) I get an error
> "error: no class template named 'rebind' in 'struct Machine'".

Given the huge differences between pure standard C++ and pure Objective-C++,
I'm not surprised this doesn't work.

> If, in the
> same project, I build the statemachine in a .cpp file (C++) and call a C
> function from a .mm file it works perfectly.

That's good to hear, apparently the standard C++ part of Objective-C++
really is quite standard.

[snip]
> would really like the state
> machine to be a member of an Objective C class.

This might work if you reference the state machine via pointer data member.

HTH,

--
Andreas Huber
from the address shown in the header.