Subject: [Boost-users] Other tcp stream examples? suggestion about asio examples... Re: usage of boost::asio::async_write and boost::asio::buffer
From: Ozgur Ozturk (ozgur7_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-07-23 17:33:58

Hi All,
Thanks to Igor's pointing to streambuf I realized availability of stream
operations.
I think for many newbies, stream examples would be easier to
understand/reuse.
I found the very simple daytime_client and daytime_server examples useful.
(Examples could be reordered to start with simpler ones.)
Are there any other asio examples using streams?
If the contributors could add stream versions of chat server and client
examples that would be great.

I guess using streams is somewhat less efficient, is that correct? (since
you have more control on the buffer without streams.)

Best regards,
Ozgur (Oscar) Ozturk
www.DrOzturk.com
Phone: +1 (908) DROZGUR