Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Why does auto_link.hpp assume that debug versions of STLPort are built with _STLP_DEBUG?
From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-06 11:28:21

>> It's to match what Boost.Build builds when you're using STLPort. If
>> you're not using the Boost.Build built binaries then you might just as
>> well disable auto-linking by defining BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB.
>
> Well, I did use Boost.Build (with VeecoFTC user jamfile for Windows
> Mobile) but apparently didn't trigger that logic. My libraries don't
> have "p" in their names either.

Then they're not built with STLPort.

> Is "stdlib=stlport" the build property
> that triggers this? I got an error message back from bjam that the only
> supported value is "native"...

You need to add the path to STLPort to your user-config.jam file, something
like:

# Configure, specifying location of both headers and libraries
using stlport : 5.1.4 : d:/download/open/stlport/STLport-5.1.4/stlport :
d:/download/open/stlport/STLport-5.1.4/lib ;

> I've got to say, Boost.Build is hard to wade through :( Especially if
> one tries to avoid reading the bjam code and only figure out the
> parameters.
>
> And it appears that my only option in avoiding _STLP_DEBUG is to forgo
> the automatic linking :(

And Boost.Build.

But remember that the vast majority of Boost libraries are "just a bunch of
sources": you can build and link them any way you want from your IDE.

HTH, John.