Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [serialization - newbie] serializing/deserializing singleton class objects
From: Rutger ter Borg (rutger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-12 12:32:24

Soumen wrote:

> Since after restoration of D, I've same size of vector<A*> member of D, I
> assume that's not the issue. Correct me if my assumption is wrong.
> Now, my problem is those B and C objects are empty. And it seems to me
> while serializing itself, those didn't get stored on disk - the unix
> strings command reveals that none of string objects in B or C type objects
> are there on the saved archive.

Have you tried serializing to an XML archive to be able to see what's going
on?

Have you verified "Note that the implemenation of this functionality
requires that the BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT macro appear after and the inclusion of
any archive class headers for which code is to be instantiated."?

Kind regards,

Rutger