Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [serialization - newbie] serializing/deserializing singleton class objects
From: Rutger ter Borg (rutger_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-13 02:51:19

Soumen wrote:

> Though this is ensured in my code, could you point me to this in the doc?
>
> BTW, I just put some cout in serialize() function of A, B, C and D to
> verify if
> serialize is getting called or not for all of these classes. And strangely
> I see,
> serialize() is getting called only for D. Not for A, B or C. I'm not
> getting any
> exception either. Assuming member of type vector<A*> in D is data_, in my
> D::serialize() I just do
>
> ar & data_;
>
> I'm already including vector.hpp. Am I missing something?

Exporting is discussed at

Reference/Serializable Concept/Export
Reference/Special Considerations/Exporting Class Serialization

the note on order of includes is in the second one. There's more information
on the type registry at

Other Classes/extended_type_info

Something like the php-docs have with comments and stuff would be nice for
serialization.

Do you have a (slimmed down) example of your code?

Cheers,

Rutger