Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost book
From: Scott McMurray (me22.ca+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-15 03:30:37

2009/8/14 <toreason_at_[hidden]>:

> Because Boost is not considered just as 'yet-another library' -- instead
> it is for us, the poor C++ programmers, that are bombarded with 'why not
> Java or C#' -- an escape, a show-case and a standard what C++ could be
> -- if would not be managed by ISO standardization committee all these
> years.

But we're on what, version 3 of the filesystem library, for example?
If this were managed like, say, Java, instead of my the committee,
then all three would still be around, with progressively worse names
as the good ones are taken, cluttering up the API docs.

I'll take a good language kernel with powerful library-building
facilities over an inconsistent but all-inclusive one any day.