Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [spirit] how to get_position() from a multi_pass<position_iterator <const char*> >
From: OvermindDL1 (overminddl1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-23 03:19:21

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 10:09 PM, Edward Diener<eldiener_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I object to your saying above that my comments are a "rant".
>
> I am not offended. I was merely arguing that supplying software for Boost
> users, even Beta versions, should be more open as to where the documentation
> resides and that documentation should be complete.

Is not all the documentation for all boost projects in their
respective lib directories? If you sync to Boost Trunk you will have
the documentation in the normal and expected place, what is wrong
this? It is accessible by the svn as well, and it is constantly being
updated. There seems nothing odd about this, it is accessible as any
other boost library documentation is.

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 10:09 PM, Edward Diener<eldiener_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> You are perfectly right in that if I am not happy with the documentation of
> the new versions I should stick with the current release of Spirit, which I
> will do.

You will be missing out on a lot, the old Spirit is, quite frankly,
rather horrible in comparison. Spirit 2.1 is complete, the docs are
almost complete, and the docs that matter are already complete, there
is no reason not to be using it.