Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost-Pro Windows Installer for Boost 1.40
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-08 22:25:34

AMDG

Boost lzw wrote:
> I have a similar question. I manually built boost 1.39 for MS Visual Studio
> 2008 Prof according to the following link:
> http://dave-programming.blogspot.com/2008/02/how-to-build-boost-1341-with-visual.html
>
> The build-up file folder took up to 9 GB. Now before manually building 1.40,
> what should I do with the previous version (1.39) on my machine? It seems
> there is nothing in the control panel->add and remove program for boost
> 1.39. I guess there is no way to remove 1.39 from the control panel. Should
> I simply delete 1.39 file folders before building the 1.40?

Yes. Boost doesn't do anything fancy, so there is nothing
to clean up beyond the obvious files.

> Does the same
> building procedure for 1.39 (described in the above link) apply to manually
> building 1.40 as well? Thanks in advance.

It's somewhat out of date, since it was written for 1.34.1.
It looks like it ought to work, but it's a lot more complex than
it needs to be. You can look at the getting started guide:
http://www.boost.org/more/getting_started/windows.html.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe