Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost-Pro Windows Installer for Boost 1.40
From: Klaim (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-09 12:34:11

*
*I know how to build Boost, it's not a problem, really.

I want to use the installer because it help when you have several
computers/compilers/config to install the libs on and some of them will take
a really bigger time to compile and link it than just downloading what's
necessary... The installer download is not as resource greedy as the
compilation, allowing to do something else (like compiling something else)
without loosing a lot of time. (I don't have an high end computer here to
compile it fast)

The installer exists for a reason, doesn't it? :)

Anyway you didn't answer my question so I should I presume that nobody know
what is planned for the installer and there is no public doc about it's
build process? I'm a bit surprised because almost everything else is
documented somewhere on the website.

Thanks for your help.

Joël Lamotte.