Subject: [Boost-users] ASIO newbie: Passing parameters from a TCP client to a server
From: Ramon F Herrera (ramon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-19 12:21:01

Hello all,

I have studying the ASIO examples, and experimenting with them. Still, I
could benefit from the guidance of experienced programmers.

This is my first client-server set of apps.

I need the client to pass a few arguments to the server, lets say four.

Should I pass them in 4 different lines?

Being synchronous I suppose the client blocks until the server performs
a read? (that seems to be what I am seeing now).

I heard that there are ways to attach the debugger (gdb) to a server
process when it starts? (that feat seems to be major wizardry).

Sample code would be very appreciated.

TIA,

-Ramon