Subject: [Boost-users] Can Regex callback function arguments be modified?
From: Ramon F Herrera (ramon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-09-19 12:55:07

I am having some trouble with the Regex callback architecture. Fist of
all for, for a variable number of matches, the only way to code is with
a callback function and for_each iterator, correct?

To make it more interesting, I have a callback calling another callback.
This could obviously go deeper and deeper.

Due to the inflexibility (perhaps by me perceived?) of the callback
architecture, I am forced to use a lot of global variables. To be fair,
this is highly manageable within my current application, but I am
concerned that this "implicit number and types of parameters"
restriction may become a stumbling block in future code.

At this stage, what I am trying to determine whether I should base my
program(s) on (from simplest to more complex):

  - Regex
  - eXpressive
  - Spirit

So far, I prefer Regex because it is much more stable than Spirit. The
latter seems to have great potential, but when when I find that I am
unable to even build the test examples properly, and the specs vary from
one version to the next, I conclude that it is best to allow the good
people of Spirit ("spirited people"? :-) time to deliver a more polished
product.

Don't know anything about eXpressive yet.

Regards,

-Ramon