Subject: [Boost-users] graphlib changes in 1.40
From: Ralph Gauges (ralphgauges_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-08 10:59:52

Hi,

I use the graph library in some of my programs and I recently moved to
boost 1.40 because older version did not work on snow leopard.

I noticed that although the changelog does not mention any changes in
the graph library, some of the layout algorithms have changes (e.g.
random layout and fruchterman reingold)
in the way they are called. They seem to use some new topology concept,
unfortunately the documentation for those algorithms have not been updated.

I was wondering if there is any updated documentation especially on the
fruchterman reingold algorithm. I tried to guess what the new parameters
mean, but so far I have not been able to
get the same results as with the graph library from 1.39. No matter how
I set the values so far, all my nodes end up essentially in the same
place, although they are all disconnected and I would expect them to be
spread out.

Thanks a lot

Ralph