Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Formal Review of Boost.Polygon extended one more week: until September 9, 2009
From: Diederick C. Niehorster (dcnieho_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-10 01:43:12

Hi All,

I m wondering about the status of the polygon library, on the review
process page it still syas pending.
I am in no position to judge the quality of the library (better leave
that to the professionals), but I can say I am looking forward to
using it!

What is the best way of using sandbox libraries that might be accepted
into the boost libraries soon? Should I just download it from the
sandbox and put it in between the other boost libraries, or will that
give me issues when I later run svn update when the library is
accepted?

Lastly, I have some questions regarding the documentation. In Polygon
set concept, a sentence reading "A Polygon Set Concept may be defined
with floating point coordinates, but a snap rounding distance of one
integer unit will still be applied, furthermore, geometry outside the
domain where one integer unit is sufficient to provide robustness may
lead to undefined behavior in algorithms" appears. This seems to be
talking about the polygons themselves, not specifically the polygon
set, and i find it worrying. I would need to use polygons defined by
floating point vertices and I do not want them to be rounded or
truncated to integers. For now, I only need to test if a point is
inside the given polygon. Is this robust for points and
polygon-vertices that do not lay on an integer grid?

Best and thanks!
Diederick