Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Already successfully running Boost on Linux, looking for advice from Windows Boost adopters
From: Ramon F Herrera (ramon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-14 18:24:52

Eric J. Holtman wrote:
> Ramon F Herrera wrote:
>>

>> - Regex
>> - Time and Date
>
> Heh...... Regex and Date_Time are two of the (few) non-header only ones.

Oops, I forgot to add THE reason for considering Boost on Windows. That
tool alone is worth getting Boost. I am talking about ASIO. I still find
hard to believe that I am the proud authors of clients and servers (at
the native code level, that is). Such skill had eluded me for years and
had to use 3rd. party (such as Oracle's) stuff written by others.

My current main need is to port a client that already runs on Linux to
the Windows side. Both client and server runs flawlessly (thunderous
hoorays to the ASIO authors!) on the Linux side.

My initial perception of the Windows port is less than overwhelming.

Maybe I should try some precompiled Windows distro.

-Ramon