Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Already successfully running Boost on Linux, looking for advice from Windows Boost adopters
From: Eric J. Holtman (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-14 17:29:59

Ramon F Herrera wrote:

> - Regex
> - Time and Date

Heh...... Regex and Date_Time are two of the (few) non-header only ones.

You're probably going to run into the same artifact I was complaining
about earlier today.... there seems to be something funky about the 1.39
edition (which I downloaded from Boost Pro), wherein it makes Visual
Studio a tad wacky.

I never had that happen with 1.35 (which I had been using).

This morning I spent a couple hours fighting with the build utilities to
get 1.40 (the latest, in source, which BoostPro doesn't have in binary
form) to compile into .lib and .dll files.

The directions are accurate, but terse. If you've had *nix experience
though, you should be OK (it's all done from the command line).