Subject: Re: [Boost-users] linker error with Boost serialization on 64 bit box. Works fine on 32 bit box.
From: Mangal (mangalmanish_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-28 01:20:00

I changed the config.jam file to point to the STLPORT installation.
My command to build boost libs is : run bjam toolset=msvc stdlib=stlport
stage
All the libraries are built ( both serialization and wserialization are
there)

2 of the linker errors are:

BinarySerialization.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
"protected: __thiscall boost::archive::text_oarchive_impl<class
boost::archive::text_oarchive>::text_oarchive_impl<class
boost::archive::text_oarchive>(class stlpmtx_std::basic_ostream<char,class
stlpmtx_std::char_traits<char> > &,unsigned int)"
(??0?$text_oarchive_impl_at_Vtext_oarchive_at_archive@boost@@@archive_at_boost@@IAE_at_AAV?$basic_ostream_at_DV?$char_traits_at_D@stlpmtx_std@@@stlpmtx_std@@I_at_Z)

libboost_serialization-vc90-mt-p-1_40.lib(extended_type_info_typeid.obj) :
error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public:
static void __cdecl stlp_std::__node_alloc::deallocate(void *,unsigned int)"
(__imp_?deallocate@__node_alloc_at_stlp_std@@SAXPAXI_at_Z)

Thanks