Subject: [Boost-users] finite state machine performance info
From: Conoscenza Silente (abruzzoforteegentile_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-26 03:25:44

Hi All
Yesterday I started playing with Boost State Chart library
implementing state machines for my applications.
Each time I am moving into a new state I noticed that a new state is
created; this means that the constructor of the
boost::statechart::state class is called each time ( and the
destructor for the state that I am leaving ).

I would like to fasten up the whole process; let's say that I would
like to avoid the creation/destruction of the class each time using
object already allocated in memory that are deleted only at the exit
of the application.
Is this a good way in your opinion ?

I saw that there is an allocator template argument but at the state
where I am now I would lilke to not spend time in doing a new
allocator for that: do you know if there already in place something
that I can reuse for my purpose?

Thanks CS