Subject: Re: [Boost-users] finite state machine performance info
From: Andreas Huber (ahd6974-spamboostorgtrap_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-11-27 04:12:19

"Conoscenza Silente" <abruzzoforteegentile_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
[snip]
> I would like to fasten up the whole process; let's say that I would
> like to avoid the creation/destruction of the class each time using
> object already allocated in memory that are deleted only at the exit
> of the application.
> Is this a good way in your opinion ?

You might want to read the Performance section:

<http://www.boost.org/libs/statechart/doc/performance.html>

Bottom line: Unless you're writing a parser with Boost.Statechart, state
construction & destruction usually doesn't constitute a perf bottleneck in
an application. For parsing there are much more suitable tools (Spirit,
Regex, etc.).

HTH,

--
Andreas Huber