Subject: [Boost-users] Newbie question
From: Vadim Ryvchin (vadimryv_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-07 07:44:13

Hello,

I have a problem with interruption of threads.
I have one function that I want to run in two different threads with
different parameters. When one of the function's instances finishes it stops
the other instance. I can't change the function's code, but I can write
wrapper to it.
My problem is in stopping the other thread. Using timed_join I find which
thread is finished, but I can't find a good solution for stopping the second
one.
How should I use interrupt method correctly or suggest me for correct thread
stopping function.
BTW, I can't just leave the other thread to run, it's very high CPU
consumer.

Thank you all.