Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Serialization] How to serialize third partylibraryfunction
From: Rune Lund Olesen (rune.olesen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-08 05:49:22

Hello

You could also make a template class that handles your serialization of the
third party library classes (you probably want to split save/load). A
wrapper or holder class if you will that should only exist on the stack..
That way you can serialize the classes in any way you want to - while still
getting benifits from the serialization library. The downside is the added
complexity and in my case i had to make sure that pointers are not released
before your done serializing, since the library tracks them (otherwise the
same address could be reused and the serialization library will identify it
as the same object).

Not sure if that is the kind of solution you are looking for though, might
be easier to have the compile error fixed.

Regards
Rune