Subject: [Boost-users] [iostreams] writing to filtering_ostream
From: Igor R (boost.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-12-20 13:03:57

Hello,

I've got an application that originally used IOStreams of Boost 1.34.
Now I recompiled it with 1.41, and everything stopped functioning.
Meanwhile, I figured out that one of the failures occurs due to the
following line:
  iostreams::copy(istream(&someStreambuf), someFilteringStream);
The intention was just to copy a chunk of binary data from an input
stream to a filtering stream, but it turns out that iostreams::copy()
now *closes* the sink.
I tried to re-write it like this:
  someFilteringStream->write(sourceData, sourceSize);
or this:
  iostreams::write(someFilteringStream, sourceData, sourceSize);
But neither of the above executes the filter.

So what's the right way to do this in 1.41?

Thanks.