Subject: [Boost-users] gil and OpenGL
Date: 2010-01-09 21:15:27

This is my first post in any mailinglist ever so i hope i am doing this
right.

I successfully integrated the boost::gil module into my code to load some
images and process their content so that I can display it as a texture in
OpenGL.

My problem right now is the massive performance issue in retrieving the
color information from the loaded image.

I am looping through every row and column and retrieve the red, green, blue
and alpha color with the get_color method and push those values to a char
array.

So I was wondering what the best approach would be to get the color
information from the gil image into OpenGL or at least a char array.

Thanks in advance.