Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost MultiArray and Boost uBLAS - Designed to be used together?
From: Jesse Perla (jesseperla_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-18 07:25:53

On Jan 18, 5:10 am, "Bilokon, Paul " <paul.bilo..._at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Dear Jesse, All,
> Is it perhaps the case that Boost MultiArray wasn't designed (or optimised) for numerical calculations?

I think that multi_array is optimized as a numerical library for its
feature set. It certainly in the spirit of blitz++, though it doesn't
have stencils, tensor reductions, etc.

My guess is that the lack of integration with ublas is the usual
problem of libraries working in silos, and a (relative) lack of new
ublas features in the last few years.

Also, you might want to consider discussing this on the ublas mailing
list as well.

-Jesse