Subject: [Boost-users] [boost.asio] Flush serial port buffers?
From: Pascal Kesseli (pascal_kesseli_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-18 16:45:16

Hi everyone

My program currently writes some characters to a device connected over the serial interface and subsequently changes the baud rate, followed by sending some more characters.

The problem is that the first transfer does not seem to complete before the baud rate switch and thus is sent with the new baud rate, which is not supposed to happen. What I am looking for is something like a flush() before changing the baud rate. Using:

boost::asio::write(*port, buffer(buf, size), transfer_all());

does not seem to work. Any suggestions?

Thanks and best regards
Pascal

Personalisiere dein Messenger, inklusive persönliche Smileys ;-) Überrasche deine Freunde - wir zeigen dir wie's geht.
http://rubrik.ch.msn.com/reportagen/personalisieren.aspx