Subject: [Boost-users] C++ and quality of software
From: Peter Foelsche (foelsche_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-25 15:58:17

I was thinking. There should be some C++ software quality assurance
institution. They would give a stamp of approval to software written in C++.
Criteria would be:
  a.. no usage fixed-sized buffers
  b.. no usage of functions from the c library, which do not check for
correct type, like *printf(), *scanf().
  c.. no dangling resources, no resource leaks in any case
  d.. usage of C++ Exception Handling for reporting errors (all fallible
OS-calls are wrapped into C++, this can be checked by denying read/write
permissions on some object, the software is trying to read/write to)
  e.. clean design -- e.g. no protocols (no protocols is my way of saying,
that all methods of classes can be used and make sense to be used, as soon
as this object exists)
What do you think?
I also published this on my blog:
http://foelsche.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!2BFA22F3AB9E833!921.entry