Subject: Re: [Boost-users] C++ and quality of software
From: Peter Foelsche (foelsche_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-25 17:28:34

"Marshall Clow" <mclow.lists_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> Exceptions
> â–¶ We do not use C++ exceptions.
>
> Run-Time Type Information (RTTI)
> â–¶ We do not use Run Time Type Information (RTTI).

I think this is an embarrasement for google.
Didn't they claim to hire only very good people?
I would not want to work under these conditions.

If there is again some security hole due to a buffer overflow,
such an institution could claim, that software using fixed-sized-buffers
would not get their stamp of approval.
And that the customer should be looking and asking for this stamp of
approval when buying software.

How many fixed sized buffers are in the main OSs?