Subject: [Boost-users] [boost-build] error: Unable to find file or target named '/qt//QtGui'
From: Tim Odenthal (Tim.Odenthal_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-11 09:58:59

Hi!

After successfully compiling our project dozens of times, I suddenly get the
error: Unable to find file or target named '/qt//QtGui'.

I have absolutely no clue to what I could possibly have changed; I reverted
our whole jamtree to the date before the last successful compilation...
The jamfile in which the error is thrown looks something like this:

 import qt4 ;

lib foo
  : $(SOURCE_ROOT)/bar.cpp (and many more...)

        /qt//QtGui
        /q//QtXml
        /qt//QtCore
          /qt//QtOpenGL
  :
  ;

install install_foo
  : foo
  : <variant>release:<location>$(INSTALL_ROOT)
          <variant>debug:<location>$(INSTALL_ROOT)/debug
  ;

I thought that the build tools of bjam then find the appropriate stuff and build
it according to /usr/local/boost_1_42_0/tools/build/v2/tools/qt.jam which I
obviously didn't change at all. I get the same error both with boost version
1_40_0 and 1_42_0. The stuff not dependent on qt seems to work fine...

I'm working on a Kubuntu 9.10 box with gcc 4.4.1 - and as far as I can see
(the history of my package manager admits), there was no change to the qt libs
of Kubuntu during the time in question - but maybe the history of this package
manager is not so reliable (I checked again that all the -dev packages are
installed as well).

Has anybody an idea what could have gone wrong? Is there another way to
specify that bjam should include, compile and link these libraries?

Thanks in advance

Tim