Subject: [Boost-users] Boost.Serialization warning C4540 on MSVC
From: Antti Alho (nthraxx_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-17 19:07:59

Hi,

I'm using Boost.Serialization for my project and have run into a cryptic
warning message. Although it doesn't seem to actually do any harm on
run-time I would like to know what it means, and possibly how I can fix
it without #pragma disabling it.

The relevant code and the entire warning can be found here:
Codepad paste <http://codepad.org/MVx2O6dC>

The error message was produced by Visual Studio 2008.

Since I'm not perfectly sure what the correct syntax is supposed to be
regarding lines 74 and 75 when dealing with classes using multiple
inheritance and since I couldn't find documentation regarding the
subject those could very well be the source of my problems (although it
seems to do what it is expected to do).

All help greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.