Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Object pools?
From: Diederick C. Niehorster (dcnieho_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-17 19:10:24

Hi Michele,

I Don't share your concerns regarding memory leaks with Ryan's idea.
He says he will use shared_ptrs. If the management class always holds
on to a copy of the pointer and so does whoever "checked out" an
object, the object should be guaranteed to not be destroyed if only
pool or outside holder is destroyed, but should be guaranteed to be
destroyed when both are destroyed.

Best,
Dee