Subject: Re: [Boost-users] understanding Xcode and Boost
From: Casimiro, Daniel C CIV NUWC NWPT (daniel.casimiro_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-25 12:17:39

> Thanks to Igor R for helping me get started with the
> compilation problems of the regex test program at
> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_35_0/more/getting_started/unix
-variants.html using Xcode. I renamed all id occurrences to idd > in the regex headers, but still get errors. Also, I don't
> understand why this is necessary for Xcode but not using the
> command line compilation suggested in the getting started
> guide. Is Xcode generally more problematic when using
> libraries like Boost or GSL? Is there a better recommended
> development environment than Xcode, or is it simple once the
> error is tracked down?
>
> Thanks again for any input.

I use boost in X Code without changing any boost sources.

What errors are you getting in X Code?

Did you change the search paths to include your boost headers and libraries?

~Dan