Subject: Re: [Boost-users] understanding Xcode and Boost
From: Igor R (boost.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-25 12:28:17

> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_35_0/more/getting_started/unix-variants.html using Xcode.

BTW, my experience is with 1.40 and up, so I don't know if it's relevant to 1.35

> I renamed all id occurrences to idd in the regex headers

Maybe you renamed a bit more than needed. I meant local variables *only*.
Just follow the error messages that XCode emits, and rename where needed.

> Also, I don't understand why this is necessary for Xcode but not using the command line compilation suggested in the getting started guide.

Because you compile *.mm modules, don't you? So you actually invoke
ObjectiveC compiler. In general, it's able to compile standard c++,
but has some limitations. In this particular case, "id" is a reserved
word in ObjC.