Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost::asio::read_until w/ boost::function
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-02-26 14:36:52

AMDG

marty wrote:
> Thanks for your input. Unfortunately; no dice. It still doesn't
> compile (below), and the error(also below) provides little insight in
> my relatively inexperienced assessment. I have a feeling that the
> enable_if mechanism is not behaving properly on my particular system.

It isn't the enable_if per se that is causing the problem.
is_match_condition doesn't seem to work
properly.

> (the fact that others have successfully compiled this implies that the
> boost::function must have the correct signature to satisfy the
> enable_if....)
>

> ----error
>
> /usr/local/include/boost/asio/read_until.hpp:60: error: enumerator
> value for `value' not integer constant
> ../src/temp.cpp: In constructor `MyClass::MyClass()':

The compiler doesn't seem to like the implementation of has_result_type
here.

> I'm following up my original post with some actual code an interested
> person might try to compile, as well as the specific errors I'm getting.
> boost 1.41.0, gcc 3.4.6
Can you use a more recent compiler?

It also /might/ work if you replace has_result_type with
BOOST_MPL_HAS_XXX_TRAIT_DEF(result_type)
and add #include <boost/mpl/has_xxx.hpp>.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe