Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Review] The review of the ITL library ends today, March 7th
From: Markus Werle (numerical.simulation_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-07 20:05:26

Hartmut Kaiser wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> The review of Joachim Faulhabers ITL library ends today, March 7th 2010.
> Please get your reviews in today or get in contact with me to agree on
> some offline schedule.

Due to some private hassle, I could not take the time I originally planned
to test this, so here is my last-minute vote and my mini-micro-review:

Though I only took a quick glance at the docs (some hours), I think that
this library is extremely useful to me and I will certainly refer to it in
future projects.

My vote therefore is "yes", despite the issues raised so far:

a) The name ITL is already in use for the Iterative Template Library.
I strongly vote against this name.
Also this library is a high level library which does not need to mention
its use of templates ...

b) The performance issues raised by Phil may or may not hit me later.
I can imagine they won't due to the fact that this libary is already in use
for RealWorld systems.
If those performance issues have not effect on the *interface*, I would
vote for inclusion now and ask Joachim to improve later.

Btw.: 10 extra points for the docs.

Danke, Joachim, für die viele Mühe!

regards,

Markus