Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Review] The review of the ITL library ends today, March 7th
From: Joachim Faulhaber (afojgo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-07 20:26:36

Hi Markus,

thanks for mini reviewing my work :)

2010/3/8 Markus Werle <numerical.simulation_at_[hidden]>:
> Hartmut Kaiser wrote:
>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> The review of Joachim Faulhabers ITL library ends today, March 7th 2010.
>> Please get your reviews in today or get in contact with me to agree on
>> some offline schedule.
>
> Due to some private hassle, I could not take the time I originally planned
> to test this, so here is my last-minute vote and my mini-micro-review:
>
> Though I only took a quick glance at the docs (some hours), I think that
> this library is extremely useful to me and I will certainly refer to it in
> future projects.
>
> My vote therefore is "yes", despite the issues raised so far:
>
> a) The name ITL is already in use for the Iterative Template Library.
> I strongly vote against this name.
> Also this library is a high level library which does not need to mention
> its use of templates ...

Your arguments concerning naming are not forgotten. Apart from the
fact that I am still struggling with the decision of how to finally
name the baby, I can assure you that a renaming will be done.

> b) The performance issues raised by Phil may or may not hit me later.
> I can imagine they won't due to the fact that this libary is already in use
> for RealWorld systems.
> If those performance issues have not effect on the *interface*, I would
> vote for inclusion now and ask Joachim to improve later.

That would be my favorite option as well. A lot of important points
concerning design and interface have been raised during the review
that I would like to handle prior to the optimization.

> Btw.: 10 extra points for the docs.
>
> Danke, Joachim, für die viele Mühe!

Gerne und viel Spass damit.

Cheers,