Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [boost] [chrono] v0.4 New thread_clock
From: vicente.botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-09 15:10:22

Hi,

sorry for the late response.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Roland Bock" <rbock_at_[hidden]>
To: <boost-users_at_[hidden]>
Sent: Monday, March 01, 2010 6:26 AM

>> I'm pleased to announce the version 0.4 of the Boost.Chrono library. The implementaton is stable, I don't plan to add more features before review. I'll concentrate in improving the documentation and the tests.
>
> This looks very nice! I am looking forward to replacing the crude code
> we are currently using for measuring cpu and wall time per thread :-)

Glad to hear :)

> Will thread_clock work for Windows as well?

The current implemtation works only on Posix systems providing this feature. This has allowed me to make some performances measures i needed to do, to evaluate the time spent by the measures themselves.

For the moment I have not seen if this is even possible. I don't know the Windows interface at all. Maybe some Windows gurus can give me some pointers on whether this is possible and how.

Best,
Vicente