Subject: Re: [Boost-users] check MPI support
From: Kraus Philipp (philipp.kraus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-13 11:35:18

Am 13.03.2010 um 17:21 schrieb Matthieu Brucher:

>> I use scons for building my project, but I can't check for the open-
>> mpi
>> libs, because
>> under MS systems you link the the boost against ms-mpi.
>>
>> My project has some parallel instructions which use the boost mpi
>> components, but
>> they arn't be necessary, so the don't need be compiled if there
>> isn't the
>> mpi support
>> in the boost
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Phil
>
> Hi,
>
> You can always check if the library is available. Without it, you
> won't have an MPI-enabled Boost.

Wich libaray? There are many MPI libs, MPICH2, MS MPI, Open-MPI.
The Boost work with all libs and my project use only the boost.
The project file are linked against the boost and the boost link
against the MPI lib, but at compile time I don't know which lib is
used.

I need a flag at preprocessor time which shows the mpi support, because
I run into compile and link error if the is no mpi support enabled.
I include the boost/mpi.hpp but if there is no support I don't need
include
the hpp

Phil