Subject: Re: [Boost-users] check MPI support
From: Gevorg Voskanyan (v_gevorg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-13 11:37:57

Kraus Philipp wrote:
Am 13.03.2010 um 17:03 schrieb Gevorg Voskanyan:
> Kraus Philipp
> wrote:
>> Hello,
>
>> I work for a long time again with
> C + + and some numerical methods
>> must be implemented with the help
> of the boost, among other things,
>> with MPI. Does the Booster
> precompiler flag that I can verify that the
>> boost is compiled with
> MPI support like:
>
>> #if
>>
> defined(BOOST_WITH_MPI)
>> #endif
>
>> Thanks for
> help
>
>> Phil
>
> I am pretty sure that cannot be
> achieved without some special support from the build system. What build system
> are you using to build your application with?

> I use scons for building my
> project, but I can't check for the open-mpi libs, because
> under MS systems
> you link the the boost against ms-mpi.

I am not familiar with scons, but the idea I had was to employ an autoconf-like support in the build system to try to build a sample program that uses boost.mpi, and to define a preprocessor symbol named e.g. HAVE_BOOST_WITH_MPI if that sample builds well. Perhaps some scons expert can tell if it is possible to do with scons?

FWIW, Boost.Build has just recently got that kind of support IIRC.

> My project has some parallel
> instructions which use the boost mpi components, but
> they arn't be necessary,
> so the don't need be compiled if there isn't the mpi support
> in the boost

Nod.

> Thanks

> Phil