Subject: Re: [Boost-users] wave: changing to relative paths in #line output?
From: Paul Johnson (sa212+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-19 09:03:51

I can extract the wave sources from boost and build the samples using
bcp and gmake, but unfortunately I get three warnings.

The first two warnings are in date_time, and were briefly discussed on
this list last year, but there doesn't seem to have been a resolution;
the third warning is in wave.

Does bjam suppress these warnings? I haven't been able to work out the
bjam build. I'm also using an old compiler (gcc 3.4.6), which might be
relevant.

Warnings:

boost/date_time/gregorian/conversion.hpp:44: warning: missing
initializer for member `tm::tm_sec'

boost/date_time/posix_time/conversion.hpp:46: warning: missing
initializer for member `tm::tm_sec'

boost/wave/util/pattern_parser.hpp:41: warning: enumeral and
non-enumeral type in conditional expression

Suggestion: it's a pity that wave is only distributed as part of boost,
given that it's so generally useful. It would be really nice if there
was a stand-alone distribution in an svn repo somewhere. This would make
it a lot easier to get updates.

Thanks -

Paul