Subject: Re: [Boost-users] wave: changing to relative paths in #line output?
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-19 09:31:15

Paul,

> I can extract the wave sources from boost and build the samples using
> bcp and gmake, but unfortunately I get three warnings.
>
> The first two warnings are in date_time, and were briefly discussed on
> this list last year, but there doesn't seem to have been a resolution;
> the third warning is in wave.

Glad to hear!

> Does bjam suppress these warnings? I haven't been able to work out the
> bjam build. I'm also using an old compiler (gcc 3.4.6), which might be
> relevant.
>
> Warnings:
>
> boost/date_time/gregorian/conversion.hpp:44: warning: missing
> initializer for member `tm::tm_sec'
>
> boost/date_time/posix_time/conversion.hpp:46: warning: missing
> initializer for member `tm::tm_sec'

Nothing I could do about those, I'm afraid.

> boost/wave/util/pattern_parser.hpp:41: warning: enumeral and
> non-enumeral type in conditional expression

This warning is new to me, but I committed a patch which should suppress it

> Suggestion: it's a pity that wave is only distributed as part of boost,
> given that it's so generally useful. It would be really nice if there
> was a stand-alone distribution in an svn repo somewhere. This would
> make it a lot easier to get updates.

Well, I won't be able to maintain two independent distributions, sorry. But
I'm happy to hear the library is useful to you.

FWIW, I'm still contemplating about making the generation of the #line
directives customizable. Would you be willing to help testing such a
feature?

Regards Hartmut

Meet me at BoostCon
www.boostcon.com