Subject: [Boost-users] [serialization] Are there libraries to deserialize XML for any scripting languages?
From: Martin Muggli (Martin.Muggli_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-27 16:03:49

Hi,

I'd like to be able to work with the data serialized using the
xml_oarchive serializer in a scripting language for rapid development of
a debugging/diagnostic tool. It seems conceivable a library could
construct a native representation of a C++ object model. I would think
it could do this using just the serialized XML since most scripting
languages allow dynamic creation/modification of classes and objects.

I've searched the web for such a thing, but didn't stumble across
anything. Can anyone point me toward any work that's been done in this
area?

A possible alternative that comes to mind is to use py++ to generate
Python/boost.Python bindings to the original C++ classes and just use
the boost::serilization XML deserializer, but I'm concerned getting all
that working will offset the time savings of a scripting language.

Thanks in advance,
Martin