Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Boost serialisation: base ptr regression in 1.42
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-03-29 12:21:17

Avi Bahra wrote:
> So I am not using DLL's, and have used
> BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT(Derived);
> in the implementation class.
>
> So the work around for unix's looks like:
> 1/ Place the BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT in the implementation
> and use explicit type registration

I don't think ...EXPORT should be required with explicity type registration.
Please check this.

> 2/ Place the BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT in the header _only_

In your case, I don't think placing ...EXPORT in the implemenation would
hurt. Putting it in the header implicitly puts it into the implementation
anyway since the implemenation includes the header.

> In either case this is significant change, and should merit mention
> in the 1.42 release notes, and a change to the documentation

Hmmm - I was sure that I enhanced the documentation to explain this.
I'll double check.

Robert Ramey