Subject: [Boost-users] [boost][serialization] Binary portable archive (eos implementation in Vault)
From: Marc Perso (marc.viala_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-03 12:32:00

Hi all,

Right now, we are involved in a development stage that requires data
exchange between processes running on various operating systems, i.e.
Windows XP 32bits <¡ú Windows Seven 64bits. We are using a TCP/IP
communication protocol based on Boost¡ËAsio and Boost¡ËSerialization for
that.

In order to manage the portability of our data exchange (int, float,
double,¡­), we have tried to use the binary portable archive posted by
Christian Pfligersdorffer in Vault /Serialization but we are not able to use
it; we are experiencing a lot of compilation errors.

For illustrating this point, I¡¯ve attached a very simple source file based
on GPS example of Boost.Serialization: if the line #7 (#define
PORTABLE_ARCHIVE) is commented the file compilation runs smoothly but with
this ¡°define¡± it fails.

Our setup is the following:

- Boost 1.40

- VC 7.1

- OS/WinXP

I would like to know if someone around there has play with this portable
implementation and how we must proceed.

Any help?

Best regards,

Marc Viala