Subject: Re: [Boost-users] SVG Graphics - to be supported by IE9 - Boost GSoC project?
From: Darren Garvey (darren.garvey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-16 12:05:19

Hi Paul,

On 16 April 2010 12:00, Paul A. Bristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Boost.Plot is special in that it is in C++ and it has a Boost license.

> BUT while Boost.Plot provides zillions of functions to TechniColor your XY
> plots, it doesn't do much to help produce
> other displays - even things as simple as pie charts. And the underlying
> SVG interface functions are perhaps
> rudimentary.
>
> So I wonder if there is any enthusiasm for a Google Summer of Code project
> for NEXT summer 2011 to get this into a
> reviewable state?
>
> (Sadly I think we have just missed GSoC for this year).

Too late for this year I'm afraid. :(

I've played around with the version in sandbox and really liked the progress
so far. It would make a huge difference to the utility of the library if it
supported other charting capabilities out of the box, IMO. I've been missing
a C++ charting library in the last few months.

Cheers,
Darren