Subject: [Boost-users] Class from plugin serialization fails
From: Icek (icek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-04-27 14:59:28

Hi, I'm using boost::serialization to store my data from my application.
Everything is working nice, but I just can't store my class loaded from
plugin. I know there is a lot of discussion here on this topic, I did read a
lot of it. I also looked in /examples and /test directories but I still
don't fully understand what exactly should I do... So I have abstract class
i main application and derived class in plugin. As I understand it, all I
have to do to make it work is:

1)
#include <boost/archive/text_oarchive.hpp>
#include <boost/archive/text_iarchive.hpp>

2)
use BOOST_CLASS_EXPORT macro in plugin_class.cpp

but I'm still getting unregistered class exception. Can someone help me
please? I know I'm doing something wrong but I can't figure it out. I'm
running Ubuntu Lucid with boost 1.40...