Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost uuids
From: Andy Tompkins (atompkins_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-06 10:20:57

Hi Carla,

StringFromGUID2 outputs the string form of the guid with braces,
ie:
{c200e360-38c5–11ce-ae62-08002b2b79ef}
But, operator>>(istream&, uuid&) does not expect the braces. It expects
the uuid string in the form: c200e360-38c5–11ce-ae62-08002b2b79ef As you
 discovered, string_generator accepts both forms and from wide or narrow
strings. The following should work:
   WCHAR guid_buf[50];

      StringFromGUID2(guid_value, guid_buf, 50);

      boost::uuids::uuid uuid_test =
boost::uuids::string_generator()(guid_buf);
Regards,
Andy.

On Wed, 05 May 2010 16:50 -0600, "Carla Strembicke"