Subject: [Boost-users] linking for release, has debug baggage
From: Dan Bloomquist (danb_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-16 23:25:14

Hi,
I have a large project and for what ever reason if I add xpressive.hpp
in my precompiled header, it completly kills intelligence. So I figured
I'd move the stuff I want to use off to a lib. Works fine in debug but
if I build the release, this lib tries to link in the Microsoft debug libs.

In my project:
1>mfcs90.lib(nolib.obj) : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'mfc90d.lib'
conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
1>mfcs90.lib(nolib.obj) : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'mfcs90d.lib'
conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
and just this one in the test solution:
1>msvcrt.lib(cinitexe.obj) : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'msvcrtd.lib'
conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library

I have been able to recreate the problem in a small solution that should
not dependent on my directories other than setting the boost path:

<http://lakeweb.net/downloads/RaVpath.zip>
(20k) vc 2008 (9.0) boost 1_42

And I don't know, this may have nothing to do with boost, but I have
other dlls and libs without this problem. It is coming from
'boost::filesystem' as best as I can determine.

And maybe someone has seen this before and knows off the top of their head.

Thanks, Dan.