Subject: Re: [Boost-users] linking for release, has debug baggage
From: Edward Rankin (erankin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-05-17 09:44:43

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 6:53 PM, <boost-users-request_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> Message: 3
> Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 20:25:14 -0700
> From: Dan Bloomquist <danb_at_[hidden]>
> To: boost-users_at_[hidden]
> Subject: [Boost-users] linking for release, has debug baggage
>

> Hi,
> I have a large project and for what ever reason if I add xpressive.hpp
> in my precompiled header, it completly kills intelligence. So I figured
> I'd move the stuff I want to use off to a lib. Works fine in debug but
> if I build the release, this lib tries to link in the Microsoft debug libs.
>
> In my project:
> 1>mfcs90.lib(nolib.obj) : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'mfc90d.lib'
> conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
> 1>mfcs90.lib(nolib.obj) : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'mfcs90d.lib'
> conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
> and just this one in the test solution:
> 1>msvcrt.lib(cinitexe.obj) : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'msvcrtd.lib'
> conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
>
> I have been able to recreate the problem in a small solution that should
> not dependent on my directories other than setting the boost path:
>
> <http://lakeweb.net/downloads/RaVpath.zip>
> (20k) vc 2008 (9.0) boost 1_42
>
> And I don't know, this may have nothing to do with boost, but I have
> other dlls and libs without this problem. It is coming from
> 'boost::filesystem' as best as I can determine.
>
> And maybe someone has seen this before and knows off the top of their head.
>
> Thanks, Dan.

What's happening here is that the libs you built were built against the
microsoft debug libs. You will need to build a separate set of libs which
were built against the microsoft release libs. This means when you are
compiling your actual program in release mode, you will need to point the
linker to the new set of libs you built.

Edward